The EUCalc Expert consultation workshop on “Scenarios for Decarbonising European Industries” took place on July 10th in Vienna.
The workshop, organised on behalf of EUCalc by the Austrian Society for Environment and Technology (ÖGUT), and devoted to the Production and Manufacturing module of the European Calculator, is one in a series of ten workshops to be held during the development phase to elicit expert feedback in different sectors included in the Calculator.
The critical role of the Industries’ module is to define the scope of action and to allow users of the future Calculator to simulate a number of Industry trajectories and its associated GHG emissions, according to different demands for products and materials by 2050.
The workshop, that included keynote speaker Märtha Rehnberg (Dare Disrupt), and panel guests Mariësse van Sluisveld and Tadeusz Skoczkowski from sister projects REINVENT and INNOPATHS, investigated the corresponding levels of ambition and effort that reflect the full range of what experts believe could be possible by 2050.
Please find below presentations from the workshop as well as the workshop pre-read document.
- EUCalc project and modelling approach – Hannes Warmuth (ÖGUT) & Judit Kockat (BPIE) (pdf – 11.8MB)
- Expert Consultation on Scenarios for Decarbonising European Industries – Hannes Warmuth & Stefania Tron (ÖGUT) (pdf – 4MB)
- DEFINING BUSINESS BY PROBLEMS SOLVED. NOT PRODUCTS SOLD. Märtha Rehnberg (pdf – 1.8MB)
- Innovation Pathways, Strategies and Policies for the Low-Carbon Transition in Europe – Tadeusz Skoczkowski (pdf – 1.8MB)
- Pre-read document for the industry workshop (pdf – 6.4MB)
Links about the workshop on the ÖGUT website (in german)
For any further inquiries please contact: Hannes Warmuth: firstname.lastname@example.org